Red
Tart, firm apples such as Granny Smiths work best in this recipe.


INGREDIENTS:


• 1 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 2 Granny Smith apples


DIRECTIONS:

Heat oven to 225 to 250 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine sugar and spices. Slice apples horizontally with a mandolin slicer, very thinly (1/8 inch thick). Remove seeds. Toss apple slices gently in the spice mix but coating them well.
Arrange in a single layers on rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake about 2 to 2 1/2 hours, turning every 30 minutes. Cool on wire racks.



TIPS

1) Chips may be soft when they come out of the oven, but they'll crisp when the sugar cools.
2) Experiment with your oven temp and cooking time. My oven needed to be hotter (250) and the apples needed to be cooked longer (2.5 hrs). Let's just say the hub and I had a great laugh on the 'apple gum' I invented the first round!
3) They don't last long so get ready to make more!

4 Responses
  1. Diana Chiew Says:

    Hi, I came over from Cole's All the Small Stuff. I love your blog and your recipes look interesting and I would definitely try some of them out. Thanks for sharing your recipes. I will come back to read through the whole blog.
    - Diana


  2. SnoWhite Says:

    those look great - especially with the spices!


  3. Hi Marti. Thanks for joining Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, this week. The apple chips looks great. My 2 yr old would love them.


  4. Cole Says:

    I love apple chips! Yum, yum. Thanks for sharing with TATT!


Momtrends